top of page
PREPARATION FOR YOUR NEWBORN SESSION
1.The first thing to do is to contact me before the baby is born so that we can set up a date related to your
due date. The reason why it is a tentative date is because babies like to come on their own schedules.
2. Once you have delivered the baby you can contact me to schedule the actual newborn session. It's the best to schedule when the baby is between five to ten days old . The reason for this because they still want to sleep a lot and this allows for he or she to be posted easily. If you have had a C -section please let me know. It will be important to have an extra set of hands at the session to help.
3. When you schedule your newborn session we'll discuss your expectations including the types pf photos you would like to have, If there are any poses or special props you wish to try please let me know ahead of time. Especially if these props are the ones that you have yourself.
4. Sessions normally last two to three hours but you should plan on being there up to four hours ) this depend on package you will go for). A majority of this time is for switching blankets and props, feeding the baby, changing the baby cleaning up and putting baby into the poses.
5. Sessions can be done at your home or my studio ( please note that at the moment I am in a process of moving studio so I offer only sessions on location). However, I find that babies are the most comfortable in a familiar setting as well as any sibilings and even the parents.
6. Babies are usually more cooperative during the session with a full tummy. A short time before I scheduled to be there please try to feed the baby. Do not worry if you are still feeding when I get there. I will need time to set up and you can continoue to feed while I do this.
7. When I arrive please have the baby wearing only the diaper. I love to photograph babies without clothes on. Having clothing on the baby in the photographs will take away from showing exactly how tiny they are within the few days of his or her life. Clothing takes away from the tiny details of hands, feet, and even where the unbilical cords was.
8. If the parents or siblings are going to be in any of the pictures I suggest that they wear clothing that is simple, light and comfortable. If you have made the suggestion on black and white images make sure everyone wear black clothes as well.
bottom of page